What is Honey Lake Hospice?
Honey Lake Hospice was founded in 2003, receiving non-profit status / Federal 501(c)(3) status in 2007. This charitable corporation was established to improve the quality of life for the terminally ill in Lassen County by providing guidance and support to dying persons and their families.
· The corporation is run entirely by volunteers, and all services are free of charge. Our trained volunteers become part of a team working with dying persons, their families, primary caregivers, physicians, home health nurses and clergy.
· As a volunteer hospice, we do not receive federal or state funds
· Doctors or other health care providers can contact Honey Lake Hospice when a patient is diagnosed with a terminal illness
· Families or friends of terminal patients can contact Honey Lake Hospice at
257-3137 for information regarding our services
· We provide services to dying patients in home, hospitals and nursing homes
· Our "Sudden Death" response team is available to school staff and students dealing with sudden death repercussions. This service is also available to families dealing with sudden death at hospitals or in home.